Rapper San E apologizes for his behavior

Rapper San E apologizes for his behavior

A recent online post has been published criticizing rapper San E and his manager for their ill-mannered behavior. In response to this post, San E posted a lengthy apology letter via Facebook in hope of defusing the rumors.

In his post, San E apologized for the misunderstanding that arose at the festival and for making fans wait for his performance.

The rapper wrote, "This is the first time something like this happened and I'm not very good with my words.... The things I write below are the truth that I remember and I will only speak the truth. If you read until the end, thank you."

San E continued, "I want to start off by apologizing to the audience who were waiting out in the cold. According to my agency (Brand New Music), they had already informed the reps of Owl Festival that because of a performance before, I would be able to arrive by 12 AM. I was told [by my agency] that this would be okay. And to confirm, my agency reminded them again two days prior [to the festival date] that I would be arriving by 12 AM and asked if there were any issues with it. After calculating the distance and the speed limit, we told the festival reps beforehand that it would be impossible to arrive before 12 AM. The festival reps confirmed and said they will run the event so that there would be no gap until [my] performance."

"In their second written post, it said that Brand New Music had told [the festival reps] on the day of the festival that we would be able to arrive by 11:05 PM. But even when I thought about it, 11:05 PM seemed impossible. It wasn't even 11:10 or 11:15. To think that the agency had irrationally cut down one hour [of traveling time]...... I called my agency multiple times to see if there had been any miscommunication. My agency told me that they had informed the festival that it would be impossible to arrive at that time."

Apart from denying that he had been late without notice, the rapper stated that he was unaware that there were fans waiting just for his performance and that because of his absence, the festival had come to a temporary halt.

He said, "I deeply regret that I wasn't able to perform my whole set for those who just wanted to enjoy the performance regardless of the situation and had to wait. If I had known that there were so many people waiting just for me, I would have canceled the DJ set and would have gone on stage with MR. No matter how many times I think about it, if I knew [how people were waiting], with my personality, I would have just gone up."

San E said he is a professional rapper and as such he takes his performances very seriously. He explained that if he had known about the situation, he would have abandoned his planned DJ set.

He continued, "I'm sure everyone would be the same, but I also take the stage seriously every time I perform. There was not one performance I did half-heartedly, so I've very sensitive before my performances and only want the best from the team that I perform with."

He added regretfully: "I remember very clearly, I was in a very good mood because of the responsive crowd in Gumi. And when I arrived [at the festival], I signed autographs and took pictures with the people inside just like any other time. I read [on the post] that I was screaming and cursing... but from what I remember exactly, other than the normal greeting words, I did not communicate with any of the staff members. I also read that I had my earphones in and was ignoring the staff... The performance and the crowd are the most important so once I arrive and have done my initial greeting, I listen to my music and focus on warming up. And when everything is done, I finish up giving autographs and take pictures with the people. So how can you say I was ignoring..."

He continued explaining that he was only informed about the situation by his manager right before he went on stage, so he felt really bad for the audience and that is why he threw the jacket he was wearing into the crowd, in a way to try and make up for it.

He continued, "In the midst of my performance someone sent in a report and the police came and stopped the performance. I was also bewildered [when this happened] and when I was getting into the car, I asked, 'What is going on?' This was the first time something like this has ever happened. I was angry and firmly told the agency that if they were going to have the performance end like this, then they might as well not have scheduled it."

The rapper then addressed the writer personally and said, "When I read the post, it seemed like rather than communicating with me, the person had gotten mad after having friction with my manager and the DJ. First and foremost, there was a problem and if you had gotten angry because of what happened, I apologize. The things that you have mentioned, I will be more wary of the actions of my team as well as mine. I bow my head once again and apologize for the situation."